Some elements are critical for the team to work well and produce a high-quality product.
- This team does not hold mistakes against its members
- You can bring up problems and issues freely
- Being different does not cause rejection in this team
- It is safe to take risks on this team
- It is easy and natural to ask for help
- No one on this team would deliberately act in a way that undermines my efforts
- This team values and utilizes my unique skills and talents
- The team members know why they are here
- The impact of their work is significant to team members
- What difference does their work make?
- How does it change the life of its users?
- Every person in the team can articulate its purpose
- Everyone on the team does what is needed, regardless of role/specialization
- "How can I help?" is the reflex when facing an issue
- The team is autonomous and has time to learn and improve constantly
Empowerment and commitment
- The team is self-managed
- Everyone focuses on technical excellence and quality
- Team members get things done on time
- Each team member feels responsible for the outcome of the whole team
Of course, it takes time and requires work to get there. We will make mistakes along the way. But it is worth it.