Welcome to my list of frequently used tools and services. These are the digital companions that help me stay productive, organized, and informed across both my computer and phone. In this post, I'll share the essentials that make my digital life more efficient and enjoyable.
On my computer
- Arch Linux: My lightweight and highly customizable operating system of choice. For those who prefer an easier installation process, consider EndeavourOS.
- Sway WM: The successor to i3, seamlessly running on Wayland, providing a responsive and dynamic window management experience.
- Fish: A shell that just works great by default.
- Alacritty: A fast and straightforward terminal emulator. If you're interested in my favorite command-line tools, check out my post on the topic.
- Calibre: My go-to e-book manager. It keeps my digital library well-organized.
- Firefox: An excellent web browser that becomes even more powerful with some tweaks inspired by Betterfox.
- Helix: A post-modern text editor I'm currently exploring as a potential replacement for Neovim.
- Neovim: My all-time favorite code and text editor, known for its steep learning curve, but the rewards are immense once you master it.
On my phone
- Firefox: I use it as my primary mobile browser, appreciating its privacy features.
- Fountain: A fantastic podcast player that integrates the Lightning Network.
- Signal: My trusted app for safe and private communication.
Note: I've intentionally kept my phone free of games and distracting apps to maintain focus and productivity.
Services I use
- Evernote: My external brain for note-taking, idea storage, and general organization.
- Language Learning Apps (Fluent Forever, Duolingo, Memrise): These apps help me in my quest to learn new languages, fostering continuous growth.
- Github/GitLab: Platforms where I contribute to open-source projects and work on personal coding endeavors.
- Nirvana: My task management hub, utilizing the Getting Things Done (GTD) methodology for effective task organization.
- Readwise: A versatile capture app that helps me curate content from various sources such as Kindle, RSS feeds, and newsletters.
- Spotify: My all-in-one music streaming service, offering access to a vast library of music across all my devices.